Sunday, November 9, 2008

When do you call your self an alcoholic?

I'll tell you something about my life.

My first experience with alcohol probably was when I was still in a stage of embryo. My father loved to drink. Probably my mother, too. She never tells me, wether she was partying a lot when she was young.

My second experience was pretty late, actually. It was when I was sixteen. I drunk one beer and got really high. I had hangover next day as well. Since that time I started to drink more often. Then at the age of 21 I quitted for about 2 and a half year, because I became a christian. Of course I quitted being christian as well, cause I wanted to fuck with girls without any guilt and fear from burning in the hell. So I started to drink again. And I really enjoy that. The only thing that I don't like about drinking is, that after every hard core drinking night I can feel that my memory is getting worse. Also I don't like big hangover, cause it makes me feel like junky.

But what do I like about drinking?

First of all, when I drink, I feel kind of happy. I can introduce with other people very easy and usually they like me very much. I can make some young girl believe that I am the coolest guy on the planet. I can make everyone dance and laugh even if it looks like party is over. I can even make some aggressive way looking russian guy believe that we will be friends for ever. Usually I become brave as well. Sometimes I become life wise and I tell everyone the biggest secrets of the Universe. Sometimes I act like really depressed philosopher and I start some heavy talk with the guy who's standing next to me at the bar. Yeah, this is the hardest one, cause sometimes this guy is capable to figure out that I'm not very good at philosophy. Then I usually have very bad feeling afterwards and next day I always have terrible hangover.

Oh, yeah! In picture it's not me. It is just some handsome guy in a night club.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know you, but I stumbled on here. I felt moved to say something. Hope you don't mind. I grew up with an alcoholic grandmother and parents that condemened alcohol like you wouldn't believe. One of my grandfather's committed suicide while my mom was pregnant, while being drunk. I watched another grandfather die in front of me from alcohol poisoning while the paramedics tried to work on him. After that, I thought I would never drink. Of course, I did. After a particularly hard time in my life, I turned to it pretty heavily. At some point during all that, I realized the alcohol was just a cover. It made me high for a while, but when it was over I crashed harder. I think we know in our hearts when we are on that path and when it's time to turn around. From what I'm reading, I'd say it's your time to turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica!

    You make me think about quitting drinking!

    Today I have hangover again... It makes me tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. Even if you don't quit, hopefully you'll learn to just social drink. :) Good luck either way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your pain with me!